no edit summary
[[File:Ivato International Airport 001.jpg|600px]]
googlemap version="0.9" lat="-18.800053" lon="47.475014" zoom="17" controls="large" style=" width:100%;max-width:600px;">-18.799632, 47.475282International terminal-18.79949, 47.474542Domestic terminal -18. 80052, 47. 47599 [[Travel Exchange]] (currency exchange)</ googlemap>
Ivato's international and domestic terminal are located next to each within two inter-connected buildings. Scheduled domestic flights to most major [[Madagascar Airports| Madagascar Airports]] are served by [[Air Madagascar]]. Additionally, various small airstrips exists around the country which are not served by Air Madagascar but which offer landing possibilities with [[Private Charter Flights|private air charters]].
[[File:Ivato International Airport 005.jpg|600px]]
== Visa ==
A [[visa]] can be obtained directly on arrival at Ivato International Aiport.
== Money exchange and Internet access ==
== Restaurants ==
For those with three or more hours between connecting flights, a visit to the [[Croc Farm]] in a park on the other side of the runway is recommended. There is a good restaurant, which even has crocodile burgers on the menu! Alternatively, for a somewhat more authentic Malagasy ''[[hotely]]'' experience, stop by [[Mitsinjo Box]], shortly before the road turns left into Croc Farm. A taxi to Croc Farm takes between 10 and 15 minutes.
A highly recommended lunch and dinner restaurant about
4km from Ivato in the direction of Tana is [[Mo Cafe|Mo Café]] (opposite [[La Gastro Pizza|Gastro Pizza]]). Mo Cafe is also a popular bar during evenings.
== Local area map ==
[[File:Ivato International Airport 003.jpg|600px]]
== Accommodation ==
* [[Domaine du Lac]]
* [[Ivato Airport Viewpoint]]
* [http://www.cheval-madagascar.com www.cheval-madagascar.com]
* [[Ivato Conference Center]]
== Transport to/from the airport ==
* [[ADEMA shuttle bus]] - leaves to/from [[Antananarivo]] to coincide with all local and International flight departures and arrivals. Good seating/luggage space. The best value and safest travel option.
* Local bus - [[Taxi-brousse]] leaves from outside the airport area. The lowest price and slowest option, stopping in many places until finally reaching a central market place in the capital, not recommended for late night arrivals while carrying luggage and other valuables!
* [[Tana Taxi Driver Richard Rakotobe|Taxi]] - the quickest but priciest option.
* [[Landing at Ivato International Airport]] - Cockpit View