Chocolate makers using Madagascar cocoa
In addition to Chocolaterie Robert, Chocolaterie Cinagra and Chocolaterie Colbert, which produce their chocolates in Madagascar, there are various chocolate makers in other other countries which produce their chocolate from pre-processed cocoa or cacao beans exported from Madagascar, these include:
- Patric Chocolate - a US-based micro, bean-to-bar, chocolate maker.
- Amano Artisan Chocolate - a US-based bean-to-bar chocolate factory making a 70% Malagasy cocoa bar.
- Amedei - an Italian-based chocolate maker producing a bar with 70% cocoa content.
- Coppeneur Chocolate - a German chocolate maker which has a small cocoa plantation on Nosy Be Island.
- Sambirano Madagascar - a 70% cocoa bar by the Italian chocolate maker Domori.
- Eilles Madagaskar - a 37% cocoa milk chocolate by German chocolate maker Eilles.
- Madécasse - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Cinagra and exported to the US and Canada.
- Madagascar Noir - a 65% cocoa based chocolate with a light vanilla flavour, part Lindt's Excellence range.
- VAO VAO - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Chocolaterie Robert and exported to the US.
- Sambirano - a 70% cocoa Madagascar bar from Rougue Chocolatier in the US.
- Madagaskar - a 46% cocoa chocolate by J.D. Gross, sold in the German supermarket chain Lidl.
- Madanga - a 39% cocoa bar made by German chocolate maker Rausch Schokolade.
- Pierre Hermé Paris - a 75% Madagascar cocoa chocolate sold in France.
- Mangaro by Michel Cluizel is a 65% cocoa bar made in France with cocoa from the Mangaro plantation in the Sambirano Valley.
- Pralus - a 75% cocoa Madagascar bar sold in France.
- Thorntons - a 32% cocoa Madagascar bar.
- Åkesson's - a dark bar made with cacao grown on the Ambolikapiky Plantation in Sambirano.