Chocolate makers using Madagascar cocoa
While Chocolaterie Robert, Chocolaterie Cinagra and Chocolaterie Colbert produce their chocolates entirely in Madagascar, various producers in other countries use pre-processed and exported Madagascan cocoa in their final products, or in cases where the whole cacao beans have been exported from Madagascar and processed by the producer, they may qualify as single origin Malagasy cocoa based bean-to-bar chocolate makers. Some other brands are also produced in Madagascar for export only. These brands and chocolate makers, whether classified bean-to-bar or not, made in Madagascar for export only, are listed below:
- Patric Chocolate - a US-based micro, bean-to-bar, chocolate maker.
- Amano Artisan Chocolate - a US-based bean-to-bar chocolate factory making a 70% Malagasy cocoa bar.
- Amedei - an Italian-based chocolate maker producing a bar with 70% cocoa content.
- Coppeneur Chocolate - a German chocolate maker which has a small cocoa plantation on Nosy Be Island.
- Sambirano Madagascar - a 70% cocoa bar by the Italian chocolate maker Domori.
- Eilles Madagaskar - a 37% cocoa milk chocolate by German chocolate maker Eilles.
- Madécasse - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Cinagra and exported to USA, Canada and Germany.
- Madagascar Noir - a 65% cocoa based chocolate with a light vanilla flavour, part Lindt's Excellence range.
- VAO VAO - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Chocolaterie Robert and exported to the US.
- Sambirano - a 70% cocoa Madagascar bar from Rougue Chocolatier in the US.
- Madagaskar - a 46% cocoa chocolate by J.D. Gross, sold in the German supermarket chain Lidl.
- Madanga - a 39% cocoa bar made by German chocolate maker Rausch Schokolade.
- Pierre Hermé Paris - a 75% Madagascar cocoa chocolate sold in France.
- Mangaro by Michel Cluizel is a 65% cocoa bar made in France with cocoa from the Mangaro plantation in the Sambirano Valley.
- Pralus - a 75% cocoa Madagascar bar sold in France.
- Thorntons - a 32% cocoa Madagascar bar.
- Åkesson's - a dark bar made with cacao grown on the Ambolikapiky Plantation in Sambirano.