Chocolate makers using Madagascar cocoa
While Chocolaterie Robert, Chocolaterie Cinagra and Chocolaterie Colbert produce their chocolates entirely in Madagascar, various producers in other countries use pre-processed exported Madagascan cocoa in their products. In case whole cacao beans are exported from Madagascar and processed further elsewhere, the producer may be considered a bean-to-bar chocolate maker of single origin Madagascan cocoa. Some brands are produced entirely in Madagascar for export only. All brands, whether they qualified as bean-to-bar or not, made in Madagascar or elsewhere, are listed below:
- Patric Chocolate - a US-based micro, bean-to-bar, chocolate maker.
- Amano Artisan Chocolate - a US-based bean-to-bar chocolate factory making a 70% Malagasy cocoa bar.
- Amedei - an Italian-based chocolate maker producing a bar with 70% cocoa content.
- Coppeneur Chocolate - a German chocolate maker which has a small cocoa plantation on Nosy Be Island.
- Sambirano Madagascar - a 70% cocoa bar by the Italian chocolate maker Domori.
- Eilles Madagaskar - a 37% cocoa milk chocolate by German chocolate maker Eilles.
- Madécasse - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Cinagra and exported to USA, Canada and Germany.
- Madagascar Noir - a 65% cocoa based chocolate with a light vanilla flavour, part Lindt's Excellence range.
- VAO VAO - a chocolate produced in Madagascar by Chocolaterie Robert and exported to the US.
- Sambirano - a 70% cocoa Madagascar bar from Rougue Chocolatier in the US.
- Madagaskar - a 46% cocoa chocolate by J.D. Gross, sold in the German supermarket chain Lidl.
- Madanga - a 39% cocoa bar made by German chocolate maker Rausch Schokolade.
- Pierre Hermé Paris - a 75% Madagascar cocoa chocolate sold in France.
- Mangaro by Michel Cluizel is a 65% cocoa bar made in France with cocoa from the Mangaro plantation in the Sambirano Valley.
- Pralus - a 75% cocoa Madagascar bar sold in France.
- Thorntons - a 32% cocoa Madagascar bar.
- Åkesson's - a dark bar made with cacao grown on the Ambolikapiky Plantation in Sambirano.