The small hotel Peter Pan is located directly at the beach next to Anakao village, south of Tulear. The charming hotel with a hostel like atmosphere is run by two young Italians - Dario and Valerio. Since 2010 the hotel offers accommodation to guests who would like to experience the daily life of the Vezo village as well as get in contact with the very friendly locals.
The hotel offers three stone built bungalows and one loft on the upper floor of the main building. All bungalows have a small veranda with deck chairs and are equipped with beds including mosquito net, shower and toilet. Shaded hammocks on the beach invite for a sleeping or reading session.
The restaurant with a view onto the island Nosy Ve combines Italian cuisine with local products, depending on availability. Fresh fish bought straight from the fishermen can be found on the daily menu. A must-try is Dario's and Valerio's homemade pasta. Madame Damimì, the good soul of the kitchen, supplies Peter Pan with delicious bread baked each morning at her house in the village.
Various excursions to nearby natural attractions can be organised by the Peter Pan team:
- Nosy Ve - a small island opposite Anakao village with remains of pirate settlements and rare birds. A trip by pirogue including a guide and snorkelling equipment costs max. €10 per person. Picnic on the island can be arranged.
- Nosy Satrana - an island with sacred graves, located south of Anakao.
- Mangroves - a unique vegetation with plenty of birds, giant crabs and shellfish.
- Beheloka - a small Vezo village at a lagoon south of Anakao, accessible by pirogue within one day.
- Tsimanampetsotsa - a large national park with numerous highlights, such as a lake which changes its colour throughout the day, baobab trees, pink flamingos, lemurs, birds and sacred caves with blind fish.
- Itampolo - a village south of Anakao, so far untouched by tourism. Itampolo can be reached by jeep or pirogue.
- For individual tours Peter Pan offers two pirogues with engine and a captain.
View all Peter Pan photos