no edit summary
'''Ambatoharanana is one of the many small villages located in the hilly countryside of the Merina region ... of [[Antananarivo|Tana]]. Due to its idyllic and peaceful surrounding, Ambatoharanana is a very nice destination for day excursions by foot or bike. Suitable starting points are [[Ambohimanga]], [[Merimandroso]] or for a longer trek [[Ivato International Airport]].'''
Ambatoharanana is known for its Anglican Theological College, also named ''Saint Paul Theological College'', which opened in 1878. Already from a distance one can see the roofs of the ''Library Building'', which houses a library, a 968kg bell from England, a museum, as well as classrooms and a private chapel for prayers before and after the studies<!-- in the basement-->. In 2014, nine students attended the college. The museum displays items of the first missionaries, such as clothes, a still playing gramophone with records, slides, cricket balls and bat and original correspondence between the king and the bishop. The walls are covered with photos of Malagasy bishops including the 1st Malagasy bishop who studied in England. A Madagascar map from 1889 is supposed to be the first map ever of Madagascar.